Re: where they insured?

I'm sure they have insurance, but whatever amount it is, it's unlikely to cover the kind of damages this would cause. First of all, insurance companies don't like to take hits in the multimillion dollar range. I expect they would try not to pay off. Also, insurance might cover a large part of the monetary costs, but a decision to default would likely ruin The Who's (and other older bands') credibility as a touring act, and a large part of the goodwill they have with fans, promoters, venues, employees, business associates, record companies and so on. It's true that everyone would say they understand, but still the damage would be done.

Assuming that the band is emotionally okay for this, I think it's the best decision. The best thing to happen is for them to have a great, successful tour that's a wonderful final tribute to John Entwistle, and then they can re-access their position and what they're going to do as musicians and friends. I'm sure Zak and Rabbit would like to continue to work with Roger and Pete. They'll just have to work out what they're going to do.

keets

Maybe a silly thought, but in all those tour contracts, isnt there some sort of insurance? If they all would die in a plane-crash or something, what would happen? I cant believe companies paying them a lot of $ without any form of insurance.

Lars