just venting some emotion to those who understand

Man, i just don't know what to think about all this.  I was crushed
yesterday, with the loss of john, and i thought, the tour as well, and the
Who as a band, for that matter.  Today I am scrambling to re-book hotels and
flights with mixed emotions.  As someone who has never seen a full Who
concert, I am excited about seeing the shows, but no matter how good they
are, the feeling will be hollow.  To play as the Who so soon after the Ox's
death seems incomprehensible.  How can they even bring themselves to play at
all, given all the history?  Could the beatles have continued w/o george?
zepp w/o jones?  Don't get me wrong.  This is not a criticism of pete and
roger at all.  I applaud the decision as nothing could soothe grieving who
fans better than getting to see pete and rog do their thing.  And I'm sure
john is looking down in great support of the decision as the generous person
he was.  But what kind of feel will the hollywood bowl have?  are the
emotions that will be so thick be too much for the band and the audience or
will they inspire a performance from pete and roger that will be legendary?
On one hand I can't wait to see what it will be like... on the other, i am
fearful that it will make for disaster.  Is 3 days enough time for pete,
roger, zak, and rabbit to sufficiently grieve to the point where they can
play??  I suppose we'll see.  I must say I was pleassantly shocked to read of
the decision, and I hope to God it turns out to be the right one.  It
certainly wasn't the safe choice, but then again, when have the Who ever
played it safe?

kevin mc

"How do you people breathe in this fucking city?"- JAE in denver, 2000