My response to John Densmore

  I'd just like to point out to Mr. Densemore that the Who, while letting
their songs be used in commercials, have generated millions of dollars to
charity throughout their entire career.  I'm almost positive that they
have contributed more to the cause of humanity than any or all members of
the Doors. A band taking on sponsorship (in the Who's case, an ad in the
program), keeps their ticket prices down, as apposed to the Stones who
take a sponsor (without criticisim) and still charge $300 a ticket).
    Jim Morrison's so called integrity seemed to be selective.....he was
against a car company using "Light My Fire" in a commercial, but he had
no trouble with giving drunken, uneven performances to paying audiences,
and sometimes not even showing up.  Where's the integrity in that?
     Also, the Who are out there proving there mettle on the stage, and
earning their money, instead of doing what the Doors (and that saint of a
woman Yoko) are doing by raking in cash by constantly digging up dead
celebrities and taping them to a plank, much like a "Weekend At Bernies"
movie.  I hear that Yoko is going to dig up John's body and sell his
fingernails next year.  The Doors are selling old concerts on their
website (and they are great...I've downloaded most of them from Napster,
so as to not pollute John Densmore with any ill-gotten money).  This is a
great idea, because I love the Doors and their music, and hope that the
rumored new studio album materialises.  My problem is that these live
albums for sale on their website are TOO EXPENSIVE.  With shipping and
handling, each disc is up in the $20 range.  Why didn't you veto that
inflated price, John?

Jon Dawson
www.thirdofnever.com

Jon Dawsonwww.thirdofnever.com