Re: Gigantic Who cover story in Las Vegas Weekly

In a message dated 6/20/02 8:48:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brianinatlanta2001@yahoo.com writes:

> The Who still care about the music enough to perform
> it so fiercely. Their show now has a new kind of
> integrity. The Who demonstrate with each show that
> they still have a passion, and many old fans are just
> happy to know it can still touch them."

Man, I took my daughter and her friend to the Blink 182/Green Day concert for
her 15 th birthday and it was a real eye opener for both of us.  I basically
heard the same song 10 times and the vibe was just to shock. No real passion.
I don't intend to rip them up with this post, I was just surprised by the
experience.

Who cares?  The Who cares. What legends.  They are from a time when the music
still asked the important questions and was used to reach human beings -very
forcefully.

 I know that they are merely a group of musicians in the grand scheme of
things, but there is a feeling when *they* take the stage that something big
is going to happen and it usually does.

Last week I played the CFNY dvd for my brother in law, (who is himself a
great guitarist and has made a good living at it for the last 30 or so years)
and he was so impressed with them. He saw them live in the 60's  and he
remembered how funny they were and how much they just enjoyed it. After
playing top forty all the time (to make money) it was a shock for him to see
these same guys doing it at near 60 with that kind of passion and looking so
cool doing it.  He told his son (who just happens to be an 11 year old WHO
fan) "That is the real thing". Then  he asked "who is that drummer"! and I
gave him the whole update etc. He told me alot of first hand memories about
them from long ago before they hit the big time and that was a real treat for
me.

Jon in Mi.