The Who without Pete?

From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
"That's one thing that rarely gets discussed (perhaps for a good
reason): *What if* Roger, John, & Kenny (& Rabbit, too, I
suppose) decided to stay together as a band after Pete quit?
Any guesses on how long a venture like that would've lasted?
Or is the whole idea too awkward to even consider?"

Man. And I thought I tossed out silly ideas! Do you think anyone would seriously propose such a thing?
Who would buy such a notion? Promoters? Record Labels? Schlitz? Well, maybe Schlitz would have.
Harumph.

One of 'those' people,
Buck