Re: JAE and cocaine

In a message dated 07/27/2002 4:54:46 PM Central Daylight Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> I dunno. i can't picture John doing cocaine. I mean now, i'd rather believe
> that story about that he had strippers in his room than having lines of
> cocaine on the table. maybe the medication he was taken had cocaine in it?
> seems a possibility.   smokin and drinkin, yeah, hes BEEN doing that, but i
> don't think he'd stoop as low as doing the powder. just my opinion.

What medication has cocaine in it?  No sarcasm, I've just never heard of
that.  Besides, the coroner didn't say a trace of cocaine, he said a
significant amount, yet not approaching an overdose.  I'm thinkin John had
strippers AND did coke.  In fact, I'd be surprised if it wasn't the strippers
who brought the coke.  It's the rock and roll lifestyle, I know, but John
should have been smarter so close to the tour.  I guess he figured that he
was going to live his life as he always did rather than change to add years
to his life.  There is something to be said for that, I suppose.  Maybe what
happened to Keith, dying while trying to get in touch "with the straight and
narrow,"  influenced John not to compromise how he wanted to live his life
just to live longer.  Maybe he's in heaven rocking with john lennon, keith
moon, and george harrison.  Now there is a power band.  I think this band
would out-do pete, roger, ringo, and paul.  Just a thought.

mc

"Just fucking listen and shut up!"- Pete Townshend live in Long Beach 1971