Re: JAE and cocaine

Neil re:

on 27-07-2002 17:18, Neil E. Weissman at neilweissman@yahoo.com wrote:

> He is just another rock star.

 >We do not know him.  It is a true shame
> that 40 years of stellar music is reduced to a drup overdose or drug
> induced death.

Like you said, we dont know him, so I cant see that his use of cocaine is in
any way relevant to him being an artist. Like:"he was alright for 40 years,
and now he died from coke he's nothing". I cant see the connection. You
gonna burn all the lp's/cd's now? I think its a true shame that fans of The
Who are capable producing these kind of posts.

The way someone dies does not take anything he did when he was alive.

>If Pete and Roger know about his drug use, shame on them.

What a stupid remark (pardon my english), how the h*** can they be blamed
for something John did privately. Even if they knew? You think you can tell
a 57 year old that he's a bad boy? come on. Have you forgotten how much Pete
was cheered when he was a heavy drinker and on heroin? He was adored.

It was John's life and John's death.
Instead of blaming John, we'd rather put our energy in celebrating his live
and just enjoy what he gave us all those years.

And another thing, how many of us here will die of cancer (or lose close
ones) because they smoked? And how does *that* look. Please stop the
hypocrisy.

Lars
(ok, i'm calm now, breathe, breathe......)