Re: Smoked by an Article

In article <F57yDnSI4nHp4PlNMuT00004481@hotmail.com>,
    "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>  writes:

> I thought it was funny.  The only way I could have been offended would be if
> it were even slightly believable.  It was completely ludicrous.

I wasn't offended.  I can recognize the spirit of P. T. Barnum
anytime.  But others in the world are not so savvy with the ways of
hoaxes and hucksters and might believe it to be true.  (There's a
reason why "gullible" is in the modern lexicon.)

How many people still think that Craig Shergold needs to collect <soda
can pull tabs/soda cans/postcards/business cards/etc.> in order to
fulfill his wish before he dies of brain cancer?  See
<http://www.legends.org.za/arthur/craig01b.htm>

Such things persist because people are gullible enough to believe
them.  Let's not help such hoaxes get their start by passing them on
is all I'm saying.
--
  Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    izfree: Open source tools for Windows Installer