Smoked by an Article

>Please, don't be so gullible...

>Please double check the source before you

>pass on this sort of thing. A quick search of reputable news web

>sites would have revealed no such AP newswire story.

Rich, three things:

1.  I'll make a deal with you.  Since there has been literally hundreds of
news stories/articles posted about John and The Who since his passing, when
I see confirmation and/or evidence of "double checking" sources from
everyone on the list as well, then I will extend the same courtesy.  Deal???

2.  It isn't about gullibility.  It was a posted article about John simply
included with a shitload of others.  I was just posting an article that was
connected with the current events; sorry you didn't approve of the content.
Next time I'll try to include more adjectives expressing the weirdness of
any articles that might offend you or others, okay?  I don't remember saying
anywhere that "this MUST be true!!!"  I made a point to say that the article
was "surreal" and I was "freaked" out by it.  I'll try to do better in the
future.

3.  "Reputable news web sites", you say?  Since articles, information, and
opinions have been posted from the VH1 website ever since I've been a member
of this list, en masse, I thought it was considered one.  It's been accepted
for years by other members before.  Depends on the content, I guess.  Next
time I'll try to contact Cronkite before I relay any information I read in
the future for confirmation.  It doesn't get any more reputable than
Cronkite!

That aside, since everyone here understands (or at least claims to
understand John), it was quite funny (to me at least) since that sort of
black humor was right up John's alley.  If he didn't lose his head as the
article says, I'm sure he's lost it up in Heaven because he laughed it off!
That article would have made John piss his pants with laughter because that
was exactly the kind of sense of humor he had.  Very much the same kind of
humor the Pythons displayed a few years ago at a press conference, when John
Cleese kept knocking over Graham Chapmans urn/ashes during the interview.
Hopefully, knowing that, there won't be as much sanctimonious disagreement
with strange news items in the future.  In other words, lighten up.  In my
opinion, it isn't something that is offensive, it is something that is
appropriately funny when you consider John Entwistle's sense of humor.

I am honestly sorry if the article offended anyone, but I expected fans of
John to actually get a kick out of it.  Again, it's very much something John
would either do or laugh at.  For those who disagree, I won't post anything
I read related to it again.

Jim in Colo Springs