Let Pete be Pete

>From: Sigel James
>Subject: Once again Keets is Right!
>
>John Kendall's reaction is his and so is his opinion.
>I don't agree with what he's saying, but it's pretty clear that he's
>reacting to this in his way - and that's what this list has always been
>about.  Don't tell people how they should grieve.  It doesn't take Freud to
>see that John K is freaking out...  Let him freak.

Total agreement.
And John K., while I believe most will let you grieve the way you want,
wouldn't it be equally nice for you to allow Pete to grieve however he damn
well feels like grieving?
What a miserable thing to have to grieve over a lost friend and then have it
all analyzed in public forum.
I would imagine a photo of me at the moment would be on the side of "FUCK
YOU!!  WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU???"
<that was not directed at anyone, just an expression of emotion.>
I keep thinking of Bjorns initial post where he wrote f-f-f-f-f FUCK OFF!  I
knew exactly what he meant.
What I see in that photo of Pete is a squirrel in a corner.
He's so full of emotion, it's paining him.  He's trying desperately to stay
focused.  We can only hope he succeeds and doesn't lose it in the middle of
a show.
Disagree with The Who continuing to tour. Disagree with the decision to
bring Pino in.  Disagree with all of that, but to suggest that Pete isn't
grieving over John is ludicrisp (not to be confused with Super Sugar Crisp).
Why should Pete be contrived?  Why do we expect "proper" behavior from a not
so proper gent.
Let Pete be Pete.  That's why you fell in love with this band in the first
place.
It's my hope that Pete will allow some grief to become visible, like at
Boston or Camden or Hershey, with a guitar high over his head.

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT