Re: statements

> may I see the statements that david bowie and ray manzerek said about
> John? just interested to see them again.

Here's the Ray Manzarek quote.  I couldn't find the Bowie one.

*****

At the House of Blues in West Hollywood, another giant of 1960s rock -
Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek - learned of the news Thursday while
announcing that the three surviving members of the group would reunite for
the first time since 1971 to headline the "Harley-Davidson Open Road Tour."

"Could we have a moment of silence for one of the great, great rock 'n' roll
bass players of all time, a real genius," Manzarek said. "That guy was was
amazing . wasn't he? Dressed like a spider, he came on stage. He was just
incredible."

Manzarek recalled when the Doors and The Who played together at the Isle
of Wright Festival in 1969. "We played, then The Who came out and did the
public debut of Tommy. Entwistle was just the strongest bass player I've ever
seen . a gentleman and a really quiet cat."

*****

- SCHRADE in Akron