Smoke a piece of John...

Okay, it has gone from the unbelievable to the completely surreal...

I'm trying to find it in vh1.com, but I read an article yesterday (Sunday,
June 30) that - GET THIS - John Entwistle's skull is now the official BONG
of the Who.  The article quoted Pete, Roger and Bill Curshibley confirming
this.  Today, I can't find the article (perhaps it was a joke?) but Roger is
quoted as saying that it was John's wish that his head/skull be kept as a
momento.

If found it; here's the text of the article, apparently from AP:
http://www.vh1.com/artists/boards/main.jhtml/the_who/ViewThread?tID=129477
<http://www.vh1.com/artists/boards/main.jhtml/the_who/ViewThread?tID=129477&;
mID=564419&index=0&offset=0> &mID=564419&index=0&offset=0

Entwistle's Head made into a Bong: Says MGR

A.P. 6/30/02

New York, NY:

Before embarking on this summers Tour The Who's manager Billy Curbishley
reported today that Front man Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend, The only
surviving members of the aging rock band, have hollowed out recently
deceased bassist John Entwistle head and made it into a crude bong. The
construction of the "Entwistle Bong" (as its now know) occurred immediately
following the funeral. Roger Daltrey apparently consoled family and friends
by singing songs from the "South Pacific" while Pete Townsend watched as
doctors removed Entwistle's head and removed the brain matter within it.

"It's like a dream for us. All of us" Daltry said "This whole thing was
John's Idea. He wanted us to keep it on the tour bus with us whenever and
wherever we go. And we will. For John's sake." Townsend was more taken back
with whole procedure. "It's F*cking Nuts man! He may have been your rock
star, but he was my F*cking Friend and now he my f*cking bong!"

Fans attending this summer's Who tour will get to see Entistle's head
displayed on stage with the band. There was preparation for the tour to be
cancelled in light of the death until it was announced yesterday that it
would be continued.
Tom Therman
A.P.

All of a sudden, my mixed feelings about the tour pressing on seem a little
less unbelievable.  IF this is true, I gotta say that it's all John
Entwistle.  As freaked as I am about it, it's still funny.  Only John would
come up with something like this.

A Freaked Out Jim in Colo Springs

http://www.thesigels.com/Jimmy%27s%20Page/Index.htm
<http://www.thesigels.com/Jimmy%27s%20Page/Index.htm>