PT's guitar tech (Re: opening act for summer tour)

At 06:51 25-1-02 -0500, Jeff wrote:
>I'm gonna answer my own question about concert disappointments.  Last
>night.  Elton John.  Boring.  Billy Joel blew him off the stage.  Embarrassing.
>
>Strangely, the packed Fleet Center crowd positively rocked for Elton and
>sat for the what I thought was the highlight of the show, a blistering
>"Miami 2017 (Lights go Down on Broadway)".  I am so out of touch:-)
>
>BTW, I also saw one of the funniest things I've ever seen at a concert.
>About 3/4 of the way through his wonderful set, Billy Joel introduces his
>300 pound guitar tech (nickname Chainsaw) for "a tribute to AC/DC".  The
>guy whips the crowd into a frenzy with "Highway to Hell".  Hilarious.

That reminds me of the last MSG show of the US tour. Pete's guitar tech
(lost his name, this big guy, grey hair, grey beard, always wearing black
SHORTS, was John's tech for SBE '99 / not the young blonde guy, jeeezzz,
what was his name?; DO I SOUND LIKE A GEEK???) -> ANYWAY:

This guy was on the stage tuning Pete's guitar, and me and a bunch of fans
where cheering at him and shouting: "SMASH IT! SMASH IT!", and that's when
he did a Pete Townshend imitation, he took the guitar in his hands like a
machine gun, shot us, and shouted: "FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU!!!".
Smiled, and left the stage. :-)

Bjorn