Re: New Album- New Day

From: JVNNSJSP@aol.com
"Or do we just want to be hip or live a life of paying the next bill that is
due."

Jon,
I really enjoyed reading your thoughts.  I love to see that there are some
among us who feel hope for pop cultures.

Sadly, I think the answer to you question above is yes.  We are shallow.  We
are intoxicated.  We have a very short attention span.  We are greedy.

The deeper meaning of Pete's music and words has a very small audience, and
can never get a large one.  The general public is simply incapable of
getting it.  You are a luck man, because you get it.

Most people who go to Who shows this summer will get excited when they can
sing along with the songs they have heard on the radio.  The lyrics of those
songs don't even get deep into their brains when they are shouting the
lyrics and thrusting their fists in the air.  They are (mostly) just trying
to have fun.  They want to escape for a few hours.  Beer drinking, shouting,
fist thrusting and high-fiving will be the highlights of the Who concert for
most.  They do not seek enlightenment, they want fun.

Am I being cynical?  Maybe.  I plan to escape myself (although I *do not*
high-five :-)

Jeff