Who "eepped the first opp"

>From: Alan McKendree
>Subject: RE: Give me Melancholia ! et al
>>>Eep, opp, ork, ah ah, indeed.
>
>>Ok, I'm stumped.  Was that from The Flintstones, or The Jetsons??
>
>Neither...the mighty Alvin & the Chipmunks, from a song about a
>spaceman and his girlfriend, in which "Eep, opp, ork, ah ah" was said
>to mean "I love you."

Ok, are you suuuure about that?  I've been thinking it was from The Jetsons,
so I asked some friends today.  Without mentioning anything except for the
"Eep, opp..." they each lit up and said "oh yeah, that song from The
Jetsons!".
Were Alvin & The Chipmunks the original sell outs?

>Not to be confused with the Alvin & the
>Chipmunks song about the witch doctor in which he (the witch doctor)
>sings, "Oo, ee, oo ah ah, ting, tang, wallawalla bing bang."

Woah.
Um, ...or that Flintstones classic The Flintstone Frantic!  The toe stubbing
dance craze that swept Bedrock.  Oh, and don't forget The Flintstone Flop!

Ahhhh, The Flintstones.  With episodes devoted to the elimination of "Bug
Music", it was destined to become a classic.  Out of the way Jackie Gleason.

Kevin in VT