Re: music in the schoolyard

In a message dated 01/23/2002 1:55:12 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> > 1. Rolling Stones- Start Me Up
> > 2. Pink Floyd- Another Brick in the Wall (Part 2)
> > 3. Greatful Dead- Sugar Magnolia
> > 4. Led Zeppelin- Kashmir
> > 5. Beatles- Revolution
> > 6. Jimi Hendrix- Purple Haze
> > 7. Cream (Eric Clapton)- Sunshine of Your Love
> > 8. Creedence Clearwater Revival- Fortunate Son
> > 9. Rolling Stones- Jumpin Jack Flash
> > 10. The Who- Baba O'Riley (Teenage Wasteland)
> > 11. Led Zeppelin- The Immigrant Song
>

> Why don't you just switch on your local 'classic rock' radio station.
> This looks like one of their play lists.  I say, if you're gonna give
> 'em classic rock....atleast give 'em some rarities.  Expand their
> minds....legally.

Some other friends of mine expressed this opinion, also.  We have a classic
rock club where stuff like you are referring to are played 3 days a week.
This is our first shot at music in the yard (a weekly tradition).  We wanted
to stick to stuff people know our first time out.  remember, these are high
school kids who need a classic rock education.  Start with the basics before
delving into more advanced topics.  They need a foundation.  If this goes
well we can start broadening horizons the next time.  Thanks for the
feedback, though.  I hope Baba O is an acceptable choice.  I thought about
pinball wiz- but i wanted the who to get at least 5 minutes since Zepp was
gettin like 11 minutes.  Oh, and the Nissan "Bargain" commercial just played.
  cha-ching! (pete's bank account gettin larger)

kevin mc