Lighten up about selling out.......please?

	>From: Sroundtable@aol.com <mailto:Sroundtable@aol.com>
	>Subject: lighten up about selling out

>Come on- irresponsible usage of a 4x4?

Yes.

>That was a cool commercial with the
>polo playing SUVs to the tune of baba o'riley.

yep, I'm aware of that.  And it *was* cool, but also irresponsible.

>maybe it was a bunch of rich
>people having fun on one of their estates?  or maybe it's just a COMMERCIAL

>and doesn't mean anything!

maybe, and MAYBE!

But, the *fact* remains that it was a visual image of 4x4's destroying a
field, very similar to other 4x4 commercials showing these vehicles tearing
up landscapes, dirt roads, etc.
That in my book is bad, and something I'd like not to see on TV or
associated with The Who.
*My* humble opinion.

Land usage is increasingly being closed to 4x4's, ATV's, Mt. Bikes, etc.
because of this sort of behavior.  If advertisers keep perpetuating the
image that this sort of behavior is cool, and people thus don't curb their
behavior, the end result could very well be the elimination of space to use
the 4x4's they're trying to sell.  Pretty stupid if you ask me.
Keep in mind that I am a 4x4, ATV, *and* land owner, and avid Mt. Biker, and
feel strongly in the responsible usage of each.

>Just a humble opinion.

Noted.
To be clear, I don't feel The Who "sold out" (what ever that really means).
Just wish there were more control.

Kevin in VT
(am I light, am I light?)