Re: Question for Roger fans

>I've been stealing some Roger solo stuff from the 'net.  I came across "I
>Want It All" with Queen.  What is the origin of this recording?  Is it from
>the big Freddie Mercury tribute concert from London?
>
>It intros with the Pinball Wizard riff and then cuts into the Queen tune.

Yup, that's where it's from.  You should get the video--it's hilarious. :)

They started off with the headbangers and by the time they were an hour into
the show, the audience was crazy.  They were screaming and throwing bottle
and that sh**.  Brian May played the PW intro, and he's grinning, like maybe
they've had a great time with this in rehearsal, but when Roger comes out
he's breathing fire.  You can hear his voice smack into the far end of the
stadium and come back, and within five seconds the audience is quiet and
staring at the stage.

Half way through the song Brian May realizes he's not got heavy enough
strings on his guitar, and you can see him stare at Roger.  You hear that
stuff about The Who being the world's loudest rock band, you know, but it
doesn't really mean anything until you've got Daltrey standing on your stage
and drowning out everything but the bass.

This is the clearest demonstration of the difference between hard rock and
heavy metal that I've ever seen, BTW.  The PW intro seems to have been to
give Roger the key.  He starts the song off a capella.

keets