The Who and Howard Cosell?

A couple of Who sightings:

Saw yet another Nissan commercial using music by The Who.  This one using
Bargain and a 4x4.  Don't know if it was old, but it was the first time *I*
saw it.
Impression?  ugh.

Then the next night I'm watching this made-for-TV (HBO I think) special about
Howard Cosell and Monday Night Football.  At the end, when Howard is through
with MN Football, he leaves the network to the tune of The Song is Over.
I couldn't believe it.  Howard Cosell and The Who?  I was a Cosell hater.
*Never* have I associated the two together.
Was Cosell a big fan of The Who or something?  I unfortunately didn't catch
who the producer or director was.

At least they didn't use the line "except for one note, pure and easy......".
For some reason, that would have gone too far.

Kevin in VT
(not sure why my posts using my home account are taking over 24hrs to get to
the list)