Re: White City

>I didn't read the interviews, but I like White City the album.  As for the
>video, the bits I like best are the performances by the Deep End bnad.  The
>story of White City never really made much sense to me and the didn't
>really help.  Was it Pete overreaching and in the end
>falling short of his grand vision, or was it just a brain fart?  I
>don't know, but I still like the music.

The script/treatment is going to help (if you can work your way through it).
  It's a complete story, and Pete didn't overreach with it--it's his usual,
only somewhat more awkwardly presented than the stories he wrote for HORSE'S
NECK.  The script delves into Keith Moon's psyche.  I had no idea that
"Jimmy" in White City was meant to be Keith Moon, but there it is...

Beautiful music on the album, too.  Maybe The Who should do this one as a
rock opera.

keets