Re: hitting in the face

In a message dated 01/14/2002 5:56:27 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> "Come on, you never saw some drunk moron let a person or two jack them in
> the face?  Well- when I drink I sometimes do stupid things.  It IS fun,
> believe it or not..."
>
> Allright I gotta ask how serious you are.  I may lead a bit of a sheltered
> suburban life, but I cannot conceive of this.  Rest assured, my mind is
> capable of conceiving of all kinds of stupid and sick things, but this just
> seem so stupid that it could not possibly exist in real life.
>
> If you are joking - you got me.
> If you are serious - Whoa.

Ok, look.  I know people who get drunk and heat up lighters and burn
themselves, or burn themselves with cigs.  That's much worse than what i do.
I don't let everyone in the bar beat me to a pulp.  Every now and then I get
drunk and entertain a few people by putting on a show, and it really is a
rush.  It doesn't hurt much when hit, and people don't rare back and deck me.
 It's a boxing punch from the shoulder and just leaves me a little sore for a
couple of days, but no one can see i was hit.  It's not like I have a big
bruise or black eye or something.  They hit me in the jaw.  And by the way, I
certainly didn't make this up- i got it from a couple of other people I know
who do it sometimes.  In fact, one of them begged me to hit them the other
night and then nailed me back in the face w/o warning.  He was being an
asshole that night.  It's not as wild as you think.  I just thought it might
be funny to ya'll- not cause for such concern and incredulity.  If I see any
of you on tour this summer while I'm all tanked up- i'll let ya hit me.  It's
cool.