Re: The Who in Coca-Cola school presentation

At my school today, Coca-Cola and Mothers Against Drunk Driving put on this
multimedia presentation about drinking and peer pressure and "being
yourself," not what others want you to be, blah, blah, blah.  I was with my
AP world politics students who all know I'm a Who freak, so when the words
"Who Are You" scrolled across the bottom as a girl was blathering on about
soemthing, all my students started whispering to me that the Who song with
the same name should be played there.  Not that exciting, but it shows I am
spreading Who-ness to the youth of New Orleans.  The excitement comes later.
At the very end as the credits were running, i heard a familiar guitar and
drum intro to a song, but didn't see the who in the opening credits so I knew
they weren't in it.  Sure enough, "Can you see the real me, Doctor! Doctor!"
sounded thru the auditorium and I got fired up.  "That's a Who song!  That's
a Who song!" i excplaimed in a sort of whspered yell.  "Quadrophenia!  The
Real Me!"  I waited for the song credits and it turned out to be a cover of
the song by a band named "Fastball."  I had never heard of them but the kids
sang me a song of theirs that was popular and I recognized it.  I told
them,"Just face it.  You can't escape the power of the Who.  They are
omnipresent.  Just accept and embrace the fact!"  Just a little tidbit.

kevin mc