Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #10

In a message dated 01/09/2002 1:38:39 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> >  AEB doesn't
> > intimidate me, either,
>

> And AEB has not attempted to do so.

But someone implied that you are an intimidating person and that I should
nevertheless not be aftraid to meet you.  I didn't say you were trying to
intimidate me- though you did say I was your current target.

> I coach basketball
> and am exceptionally intense and competitive and burn to win, so I have
> trained myself to act otherwise outside the game.  I would hate for AEB to
> change that.

AEB:

No, we wouldn't want to change the "training" that it took for you
act "otherwise" from the exceptionally intense, competitive, and
burning to win person that you "really" are.

For shame that you "really" were an easy going, mildly competitive
person who likes to win, but is comfortable losing. Never that !

Well, I'm not sure what this means, but I have never been accused of being
mildly
competitive before, or comfortable with losing.  I have simply learned to be
easy-going and not take things so seriously off the court.  As you have
noticed, my coaching personna rears up every now and then.

Believe me, I don't go looking for fights.  I am one of the friendliest
people I know and I break fights up, i don't start or finish them.  Your
posts in regard to me have just been so venomous that i was thinking you
would WANT to fight me.  I'm glad you don't and I actually enjoyed our little
rivalry until you started threatening to send stuff to my employer and called
me a simpleton and some other things.  I also thought you took my RD comment
in regard to ur mother and sister as the joke it was.  After all, u responded
by saying that they were saving themselves for pete.  If I offended i'm
sorry.  Where I come from ranking on people's mothers is just a part of how
guys relate- sort of a locker room thing.  Great post about RD's strengths,
and I agree with all except... I think he sounded great at MSG in October on
both WAY and especially on BOR.  The other two were kinda weak, especially
WGFA.  The BOR version is now my fav of all time- better than TKAA and WN.

kevin mc