Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

> Roger and John say the early albums were very spontaneous, with the band
> contributing quite a bit to fill out the songs.  Later Pete took more of the
> responsiblity for the albums by planning out detailed demos ahead of time.
> Which are better?

Like Kevin said, the method was, & is, Pete makes a demo, presents it to the
band, band practices song.  That's Pete's formula for Who Rock & Roll.

Now, is he gonna be able to make these demos?  Is he gonna have *time* to
make these demos (while tackling his other 19 projects this Summer)?

Did he tell Roger:  "Fine, *you* wanna make an album?  Then you & OX-Boy
are gonna have to help out with the writing!  A lot!!"  (Couldn't you just see
Roger scurrying away with a big grin, ready to go write some Who songs?)

Did Pete say:  "Let's rent the fucking studio for two months.  We're the fucking
Who!  Let's go in with *nothing*.....and just see what we come up with."  (This
option being the chanciest roll of the dice.)

I guess Pete's just gonna have to feed us more clues through his addictive web-
site diaries.

> >I'm sure he wouldn't mind sharing some writing credits.  Might take off a
> >bit of the pressure.
>
> That would certainly be something entirely new for The Who.  It might take
> care the periodic problem the others have about being low on capital, too.

Maybe they'll do what The Doors did for their first batch of albums & just give
the songwriting credits to the band as one entity.  "All songs by.....THE WHO!!"

- SCHRADE in Akron