RE: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.............Phwoar!

>From: John Hughes <john@pureneasy.fsnet.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: New Who Album ?  Pete's working on it.
>
>Kevin, and all Americans who misunderstand this,
>A Rockery is a rock (as in rocks from the ground) garden. Pete is taking
>the piss out of Roger's apparent habit of not finishing a project in his
>garden.

Well, thanks for clearing up what a rockery was.  I thought it was like a
large recording studio or dance hall.  Man, I was off on that one.
BUT...........

>>> What we're seeing folks is Pete making the steps we want him to, to
>>> create a new album, and is running into the same old critics he's
>>> always run into....The press, and Rog.
>
>I tell you, this is typical British humour between friends. Please don't
>read some sort of Anti Roger rant. It isn't.

....this part I didn't misunderstand, and this is the crucial part.  My
father has a saying...."with every joke, there is about 15-20% seriousness".
While I agree that Pete is meaning this all in a friendly ribbing sort of
way, there is a thought in his writing that needs to be taken seriously.
The thought is simply: I (Pete) have ideas that can become greatly
successful for The Who, while Roger's ideas always seem to remain
unfinished.  There's no denying that this is what Pete is telling us.  They
are clearly going back and forth on how the NEW WHO ALBUM (gives me goose
bumps just thinking about it) should be and how to get there.

With that said, I don't believe Pete meant it as an anti Rog-rant or
anything harmful to Rog in any way.  Pete was just sharing the process and
the resulting tug-of-war with us.  It's really not a big deal at all.  I
found it enlightening (although nothing we hadn't known already), honest,
and friendly.  But, it may not have been perceived as such by others
mentioned in the post.  WHO knows.  I hope Rog didn't get pissed by it, but
if he did, I don't think I could blame him.  Might (again, might) have been
a bit too honest for Roger's tastes.

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Phwoar
>
>>"Keets, when we guys were "Whooo-a-ing" or "Phwoar-ing" you in Boston,
were
>>you insulted? ;-)"
>
>Kevin,

Yes?

>Think of it this way:  How did you feel when I was eyeing your cute ass
>while you leaned over the bar in Winooski?

I was oblivious.  Was focusing on why we were there.....to see JEB (ya
sick-o)!

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: Phwoar
>
>Yeah, I saw Kevin's ass in Cleveland.  Phwoar.....sweet!!

Jesus!  You too!  And to think I caught some shut eye on your floor!  Wait,
you didn't.......nah, never mind.

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>
>Subject: Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.
>
>> It could be that Roger wants something more focused on an album.
>
>It could be that Daltrey's making a lot of sense these days!

Sounds like (can only go by what Pete is writing) Rog really doesn't have a
plan.  He just wants them into the studio to see what happens.  This is
good!  Roger pushes, and Pete orchestrates.  Hey it's worked fine in the
past, why change things????

>> BTW, is it too late for the TKAA idea?  I thought we got a mini-opera, at

>> least, from the various in-concert variations, and I was sort of
expecting a
>> new album to take this direction.  Has the public consciousness shifted
>> since last summer so that this idea is now stale?
>
>I'm sorry.....what?

Heh, heh.  I wouldn't mind seeing the TKAA idea come to life.  But, I don't
think there was any "public consciousness" regarding TKAA.  I'd venture to
guess that 99% of the "fans" at the shows didn't even realize the lyrics
were different.  Hell, most Who listers can't be convinced that the new TKAA
lyrics was new music.

>Themes are fine.  Strong subject matter is great.  Just don't involve The
Who
>in any kind of daft multi-media project designed to lift someone's
consciousness.
>Make a fresh, energetic rock album instead.

Why is a multi-media project daft??  If it happens in short order, and is
put together well, it could be fan-fucking-tastick!  Ok, ok, there's the
"if-word".  But, it could be a "fresh, energetic rock album", and so much
more.

Boy, this is fun.
Kevin in VT