Re: Quoting Pete Townshend

> I wasn't aware that Pete knows GW so well.

Kevin Mc:

Bush is pretty transparent, and Townshend is damned perceptive, and 100%
correct. Pete's rights as a composer were overridden without a thought.
Typical. Pete and The Who were paid NOTHING for the use of their copyrighted
material. Nor was there even an apology offered. Nor a thought given in that
direction. It's similar to Reagan quoting Springsteen, again without
understanding the material or asking any permission.
And for the record, I think what Pete says is a perfectly legitimate subject
on this list.

> to being a musician, writer, artist and stay away from things he doesn't
know
> shit about.

Pete is right on the money, here.

> Learn something about the U.S. electoral system and read the papers.  All
> independent re-counts in FL say Bush won.

No, they didn't. Not a single one. You must have missed the final outcome,
which gave Gore between 15,000 and 45,000 votes over Bush in the state of
Florida. It was widely reported. Deal with it.

> I am sick of the Bush bashing.

Sandy:

I was merely quoting Pete. Now I can't even quote Pete? We can't discuss
what he means when he says something?
Who are you, Ashcroft Jr?

> Bitch slaps up his sleeve for you.

Kevin:

He doesn't even want to know.

> I don't understand all the fuss.  I've always liked cunts.  I suspect Pete
> Townshend likes them too.

Jeff:

Not in THIS case.

"The new President of The United States is
    what I would call a cunt "
              Pete Townshend

               Cheers                 ML