Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.

> The Who always adds an extra spin to Pete's music.

I remember a Pete quote where he said he can take a nice, gentle, sweet
song, turn it over to the Who, & out comes this loud, monstrous beast.
Of course he made it sound like none of that was *his* fault.

> If The Who is going to be involved, then the band should be integral to the
> production.

Yes, of course.  I just think Roger doesn't want it to end up as "The New
Pete Towshend Concept Album (containing music by the who)."  It has to
be a Who album.  Not The Who on Pete's album.  If it sucks then it's The
Who's fault, not the fault of some grand, convoluted scheme of Pete's.

> The problem may have to do with the direction of the idea,
> though.  Pete was talking about a multimedia project the last time he
> mentioned this.  Didn't he say he had a movie in mind?  And now a novel?
> Also, this is still part of the Lifehouse project, so that there will be a
> Methods element.

No! No! No!  We're not gonna take it!  Too much of anything is too much
for me!  God, I hope he abandons that Lifehouse Methods idea.  Turning
audience information into music.....really.

> It could be that Roger wants something more focused on an album.

It could be that Daltrey's making a lot of sense these days!

> BTW, is it too late for the TKAA idea?  I thought we got a mini-opera, at
> least, from the various in-concert variations, and I was sort of expecting a
> new album to take this direction.  Has the public consciousness shifted
> since last summer so that this idea is now stale?

I'm sorry.....what?

> Didn't Pete say his albums are always grand, meaningful concept albums?  He
> might put out the odd single, but when he does an album, he's got some theme
> in minds.

Themes are fine.  Strong subject matter is great.  Just don't involve The Who
in any kind of daft multi-media project designed to lift someone's consciousness.
Make a fresh, energetic rock album instead.

- SCHRADE in Akron