Re: New Who Album ? Pete's working on it.

>Now I'm not saying Pete has no interest in a new studio album & is only
>going to attempt one because of Roger's badgering; Pete wouldn't do it if
>he was adamantly opposed to it.  So the idea must be somewhat intriguing to
>him.

The Who always adds an extra spin to Pete's music.  We've already been over
the mature viewpoint thing.  It's definitely worth trying out a new album.
Damn the critics, full speed ahead.  ;)

> > Can't blame him if Rog is trying to convince Pete not to use The
> > Who for his next theme project.
>
>I bet Roger was just saying that by going into the studio he didn't want
>The Who wasted on a couple of tracks that Pete would then slap onto his
>next theme-related release (can you say IRON MAN?).

If The Who is going to be involved, then the band should be integral to the
production.  The problem may have to do with the direction of the idea,
though.  Pete was talking about a multimedia project the last time he
mentioned this.  Didn't he say he had a movie in mind?  And now a novel?
Also, this is still part of the Lifehouse project, so that there will be a
Methods element.  It could be that Roger wants something more focused on an
album.

BTW, is it too late for the TKAA idea?  I thought we got a mini-opera, at
least, from the various in-concert variations, and I was sort of expecting a
new album to take this direction.  Has the public consciousness shifted
since last summer so that this idea is now stale?

>I think Roger is being honest & up-front here.  An underlying reason also
>might be that he (Roger) doesn't want Pete to waste valuable time trying to
>come up with some grand, meaningful concept to build an album around.
>Unrelated kick-ass songs would suit Roger & The Who (& me, too!) just fine.

Didn't Pete say his albums are always grand, meaningful concept albums?  He
might put out the odd single, but when he does an album, he's got some theme
in minds.  It's just that it's not always apparent because he's left off the
script, or he's left off some of the music, or etc.

> > But, I don't think any of it deserves any "complaining" from anyone. We
>all need to be really careful.  Pete is sharing with us.  If we start to
>tear everything he writes apart, he'll stop.
>
>Life in the Information Age!!  Viewpoints immediately known!!

Pete must be getting used to this by now.  The fans carp all the time, but
there ARE opposing viewpoints.  English Boy likes IRON MAN.  ;)

keets