RE: O Brother Where Art Thou

Likely he thinks the difference has to do with subject matter.  That's a
very gospel sound for bluegrass, but it's not quite "Rock of Ages" either.
The movie looks to me to have strong religious themes, so I'll place it
slightly over the line into gospel.  Anyhow, for anybody who hasn't heard
white gospel, that's the way it sounds.  Notice the strong Irish influence.

:)
keets