Re: broker conversation

In a message dated 2/26/02 4:14:21 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

>>From: john pollard <cdnlosloboshead@yahoo.ca>
Subject: Re: broker conversation

You're right! My point should be anyone who sells them
at a PROFIT is a scalper=broker=scum.

I still wouldn't have bought the tickets from you,
because they were priced above face value. I'd wait
around until the price went down to face value(or
less) or pass entirely on seeing the show.

If you buy from scalpers you are supporting/justifying
their existence. It's a personal choice and I choose
not to support them. That allows me the right to bitch
about them!!<<<

Thatbs great that you do not choose to support them and you certainly have
every right to bitch about whatever you wish.  However, the price stamped on
the ticket is not really the only determining factor regarding its "value."
An Action Comics #1 is generally valued at thousands of dollars.  The fact
that it says "10 cents" on the cover means nothing.  Conversely, you
mentioned that you would wait until the price dropped below face value.   So
your refusing,  out of principle,  to pay above face value when demand is
higher than supply doesnbt work both ways?  If you believe that face value
should be adhered to, even when demand is high, you should be equally willing
to pay full price even when the scalper is offering it for less.  After
allb&Thatbs the price printed on the ticketb&

For what itbs worth I am not and never have been a scalper/broker (right
hand
raised) and have only purchased from them on a couple of occasions.  However,
youbre not just paying for the ticket.  You are paying for the fact that
someone else camped out in line all night or got up early  so you could
leisurely pick and choose your seat long after the sale date.  Getting good
seats is often a time-consuming pain-in-the-ass and it is not unreasonable
for some people to be willing to pay someone else to do the work.

MN