RE: Somethin' for nothin'

>From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
>Subject: RE: Somethin' for nothin'
>
>I am curious what you think should be done about
>this sort of behavior.

Well, we're still operating under the assumption that TM really is in a
partnership/contract relationship with Brokers, and that brokers don't just
have some behind the scene means of grabbing the best tix.

Does or has anyone on this list ever worked for TM??  Anyone know the facts
of these relationships?

I personally would like to see Brokers taken out of business, have TM and
Bands set pricing based on covering costs and allowing for a healthy profit.
Or, maybe Ebay auctions or the such.
Listen, I'm a firm believer in allowing the market to set prices, but to
give/sell tix to brokers makes an assumption that all of those tix will
eventually go to fans that are willing to buy them at market value as
determined by the brokers.
Let the fans establish what market value is, not brokers.

>As I understand Kevin Mc's position (a) the practice of punch pimping
should
>be boycotted by all who wish to punch me AND

Here's a question, why not just sell the tix for face-punching at the cost
of the tix + the amount you are charging the broker?
Why then should the fan of punching your face have to pay the above, + what
the somtin' for notin' face-punching tix-pimp adds to it??

>(b) punch pimping should be
>outlawed and the FBI should set up a task force to track the pimps down and

>run them out of business.  I have no problem with the (a). I think (b)
would
>be foolish.

I think (b) should be handled differently.....stiff fines to TM or any other
entity that who participates with the face-punching ticket-pimp.

Again, do we *really* know that TM and brokers are in collusion?
Is this a fact?
Why then an 8 ticket limit?

>But then again, as a guy who is letting people punch me in the face, what
>right do I have to think anyone else foolish?

Now *there's* the question that I've been struggling with.