RE: Revin' up The Who for a new album

>From: Deliphus01@aol.com
>
>Kevin:
>
>I didn't say NO ALBUM, just no album close to the scheduled release of the
>stereo My Generation.

Cool. I agree with that, too.
I'm still not sure they'll actually release anything new.  Pete did say
they'll release it even if rubish, but that remains to be seen.

>I can't see why they won't do what they said: go into
>the studio after the tour and record. And as far as I'm concerned, that's
>best anyway. They'll go into the studio hot and energized, instead of cold
>after a long lay off.

YES!  I too see this as a "let's get the engine revin' and warmed up" tour.

>And the more I think about it, the more excited I am about the prospect of
MG
>songs on this tour. Oh, I know there's no reason other than it seems very
>possible...but imagine Out In The Street or Please Please Please 2002
>version!

YES!  You're stealing my thoughts!!
There is much potential for this tour, and no guarantee that this tour set
list will be the same as the RAH shows, which I do not consider part of the
same "tour".
I've been thinking, if Pete was bored, and even stated on stage his
frustration with playing the same "easy" stuff, and not being allowed to try
the "more difficult" stuff, then perhaps they have already been looking at
other "more difficult" stuff for the upcoming US jaunt and Pete simply wants
to get on with it.
The "more difficult" stuff would be stuff not played live in a long-long
time, or ever, right??
Right??
Yeah baby, that's it!
Pete want's to cut loose on old MG material, or dare I say experiment with
new stuff!

>But to expect The Who (or their management, or label, or whoever) to
release
>two albums within a month (or six months!) and kill the sales of both, you
>have no knowledge of the history of the band! There is no effin' way. My
>guess is they go into the studio in October, hopefully with about 2 hours
of
>possible material, spend two months recording it, and then we might see a
>Spring or Summer release (more likely summer)...and if so, maybe yet
another
>tour. But realistically, that's the soonest you can expect a new Who album.

Complete agreement.

>>Oh, and what or who is Deliphus ??
>
>The actual name is the villain in my first and second book.

An autobiography??
;-)

>From: magik <magik1@optonline.net>
>Subject: Re: Takin shots at Bjorn
>
>He was at the 2 RAH shows, the preamble of Tour 2002.

Assumption!
:-)

Kevin in VT