Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #60

At 22:08 24-2-02 -0500, Magik wrote:

>Kevin,
>
>Roger was spectacular at all 5 shows. Btw, did I mention I was at those shows?
>;-)
>
>Didn't make CFNY though, were you there? LOL! Just kiddin'.
>
>Instead, I opted for JAE at BB Kings that night, an hour after the Who
>performed
>at MSG. When John took the stage at BB's, he said "I just was warming up
>at the
>Garden, this is the real show!"

You see??? Even Billy prefers the JEB over The Who! LOL! :-)

I was in NYC and had to choose to see either The Who for $500 at MSG or the
JEB for $30 (or so). Chose the JEB.

>Btw, as I am looking at the actual setlist, I took off Godfrey's monitor (with
>his guitar notes included) after the show, it was the following:
>
>My Generation
>Sparks
>Young Man Blues
>Success Story
>Trick of the Light
>Love Is A Heart Attack
>Had Enough
>Real Me
>Boris
>Shakin' All Over
>My Wife
>
>encore
>
>Summertime Blues
>Long Live Rock
>
>It was a truly great show.

Yes, the setlist speaks for itself. Hey, BTW, isn't that my beer-soaked
setlist that I forgot to take with me??? :-) LOL!
Some get shivers at seeing Boris on there, but they do a really cool new
version of it. Sparks was amazing and perfect. Love Is A Heart Attack just
cuts through my soul... Shaking All Over always features a great bass line
& solo that even rocks the 5:15 solo over sometimes.

Bjorn