Re:raw and powerful

>YES!!  You hit it on the head.  Raw and powerful is what sets the who apart
>and it is also what sells today.  I've said this before:  the who's sound
>is a modern one and one that has contributed to the sounds of many bands
>recording today.  I for one want to hear some dramatic stuff from the band

Dramatic is good.  I'll go for that.

>Those on this list may be bored with baba o'riley because it was so
>popular, but whenever non-who friends of mine are in my car, and many are
>19 or 20 yrs old, they always say, "Play that really great who song."

I still remember hearing it the first time.  It was the violin that caught
my ear.  That's still one of the best violin pieces on record, and I went
looking for the album because of it.

>I instantly know they want BOR and when i play it they get fired up.  The
>new album needs a couple of heavy weight tunes like this, along with some
>more creative stuff that pushes the envelope- as the who did from 65-78.

Fire and drama!  Pete can't say he's not up to it, either.  We heard both on
the last tour.

:)
keets