Re: Quad Quad; Marid Gras

> Wow, that's an interesting find.  Did somebody bring that into the store?

Keets:

No, a friend has it. He told me about it years ago; he used to be in a
"bubbling under" band who opened for people like Blue Oyster Cult and
Zebra...Mark Bolin was a friend, etc. Anyway, he has been talking about
making a CD of it for some time, but the other day we began to discuss the
encoding. I mean, *I* don't have a quadropnic system and wouldn't know where
to get one.
I spoke with him again today, and using Cool Edit and Cakewalk, we should be
able to mix as we please. My big problem will be using his computer and the
time he'll have to put into it...after all, he wants only a different stereo
mix whereas I want to make this available to the faithful. He confirmed this
has never meant for the public, so this is quite a coup.

> If nobody answers from here, I guess you could talk to Luke P. over at O&S

Nah. Apart from the fact that he has his own agenda when it comes to sound
(hiss is OK, for instance) he told me he didn't think any of the Who albums
should have been remixed, that they were meant to be in their original form
(but he wasn't happy with the sound of the originals, either). So he's
definitely the wrong guy to discuss a Quad remix with! I will inform Phil of
it, thanks, but generally I'm thinking the way to make EVERYONE happy is to
issue a version in seperate channels, so anyone who cares to can remix it to
their own satisfaction. That way no one can complain...or so the theory
goes!

> party all day saturday.  By sunday night the party is more subdued,
usually.

Sunday's usually the day I don't drink. But I've found Monday night, Lundi
Gras if you will, the absolute best night of them all. Parade or no parade.

> rather than the uptown route with all the others.  Comus doesn't roll
anymore
> after a city ordinance that won't give parade permits to clubs which
exclude

That's when I stopped going. I believe in equality but the Krewes are
private clubs, and no one should be able to force them to admit people they
don't want. Hell, this is history they're messing with! There are Krewes for
every sort of people, anyway!
Gee, another not-so-liberal view. Don't ask me about the Confederate flag,
and I'm IN that state!

> minorities.  We now have much better parades, rather than the rich,
stuck-up,
> cheap ass parades where the riders only throw stuff to people they know.

I never found it to be so. I am an excellent bead-catcher. Oh, yeah, and I
was the one who started the "tuba bead" thing. In case you were wondering
who did...that's MY contribution to Mardi Gras tradition, small as it may
be.

> about havin a good time.  Rex is not a very good parade- weak floats and
not
> much to throw- but it has the history, of course.

Used to be THE parade, although I always enjoyed the Zulu parade...even
though I had to force myself to be up that early.

> budget- could pay them well.  They could do a Friday night concert at the
new
> arena then ride the parade the next day.

That would be all right. But...no Southern dates!

And Happy Mardi Gras to everyone!

I WILL be at the Boston show...the only thing I'm worried about is where I'm
going to pahk my cah.

    "They have miscalculated me as a leader."
             George "Mr. Salty" Bush

               Cheers                 ML