Re: Someone, buy Pete a round.

In a message dated 2/9/02 10:24:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
exakta66@hotmail.com writes:

> Now, of course,
> I would never intentionaly promote the virtues of alcohol in a public
> forum such as this, but-is there anyone out there that thinks that Pete's
> sobriety is, at least partly, responsible for the lack of a Who
> album in the past 20 (yes-count 'em) years.

Not here.

This is one of the things that I am most proud of Pete for doing. (Sobering
up) He is an alchoholic, so he literally cannot drink. I remember him saying
this on an interview back in '82 when I was a senior in high school. I credit
him for being the one that turned me off to going down that road. When I saw
them at the Pontiac Silverdome that year Pete talked to the crowd and
mentioned not drinking.( A brave thing to say at the time) He recieved alot
of boos. That was the moment that I thought, "I want to be just like him".

He had a relapse in '93 for a year, but hasn't had a drink since then, I just
read here recently. (Maybe that's how we got Psychoderelict) ;)

Jon in Mi.