More on RAH night one

What a fantastic night.  Wonderful people. Great pre-show gatherings.

Special thanks to Melanie, Magik Billy, Tim and Melissa for making it happen
and be fun.

I cried during Amazing Journey/Sparks.  I've had many emotional reactions at
shows, but this was the 1st time I shed tears.

Pete was very engaged most of the night.  He spent a good deal of time at
center stage, directing the action.  Moreso that usual I think.

Whogasms were acheived during the second Pete solo in Gettin in Tune and
during Young Man Blues.  Zak is my new hero in the band.  He is the glue and
ripped the place apart on the Tommy bits.

Pete did a imitation of John after the 515 solo that was hilarious.
Flicking the strings with his fingertips and slapping them with the back of
his hand, all the while standing in a dead-on John stance.

Roger was fantastic.  It was his show and this was his night.  Stupendous
performance by him.

Summertime Blues was weak, but followed by a funny Eddie Cochran
impersonation from Pete, Roger doing the 'Boris' vocal pieces.

The show was not particularly loud, but the sound was very crisp even from
my seat way up above the boxes.   The Hall is beautiful place, very
interesting indeed.

The overall impression of the guys was the great sense of fun.  They were
playing together like kids in a sandbox.  Huge bearhugs at the end.

Roger gave an impassioned speech about the charity.  I've never heard him
speak at length like that from the stage.  He was pumped up.

I hope I can get my shit together for tonight's.  I was worn out from the
emotional charges that went through me.

As always,
More later.
Jeff

PS.  I seemed to have attained Bjorn and Magik-like fan fame just from the
mere fact that I did something stupid.  It was fun to be the butt of jokes
from a bunch of good-humoured people.  I met so many happy, cool people that
their names and faces are tangled in my gray matter.