Re: Laying off the Beatles; U Too; Spiritual Who; Canada

Mark, re

> > Hell, even Big Country did the U2 thing first and better!

I'm delighted to see that you not only know of Big Country but you liked
them too! Super stuff from them.

> > U2 was great from October until Joshua Tree, with special mention
> > for Achtung, but that was 20 years ago...

I agree with you up to Joshua Tree, even though I think that the first
side of the vinyl album (aaah, remember the first side of a vinyl
album?) was so complete it almost spoilt the mood turning it over.

As for Achtung Baby, well, we diverge there. I actually began to go off
U2 when I saw Bono's creepy behaviour at Live Aid. I don't mind stupid,
excessive, gross, rank, egotistical, outrageous behaviour from rock
bands, but creepy - uurrrgh. I felt uncomfortable watching it.

Ob Who; Adam Clayton uses the same Ashdown bass rig as John Entwistle.

Cheers,

John