Re: U2 at super bowl

In a message dated 02/04/2002 3:35:05 PM Central Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Any one catch the shot of Pete talking to Paul McCartney during Paul's
> little "historical"?
> It flashed for like a second.
>
> Also, was I the only one wishing it was The Who playing at half-time instead
> of U2?
> Have to give credit to U2 for evoking the emotion.  May have pushed The Who
> into the back ground regarding 9/11 related performances.  Definitely
> reached a bigger audience.

Everyone I have talked to said the performance was actually pretty weak.
That silly butterfly shirt the edge had on and Bono with the heart he made on
his shirt with his fingers?  real gay.  That's the pop sentiment here in New
Orleans.  I really like U2 but you have to be kidding that their performance
tops the Who at CFNY.  Yes, it did reach more people, but I didn't find it
had near the energy or emotion that the Who at MSG had.  People won't be
talking years from now about U2's great perfromance at the Super Bowl, but
those who saw the CFNY either live or on VH-1 will still remember what the
Who did.  Just IMHO.

Kevin Mc