What would The Who sound now? / Re: Who songs I don't like

At 14:47 4-2-02 -0500, Jeff wrote:
>From: Bjorn Ciggaar <ciggaar@warande.net>
>"You Better You Bet
>Roger is awesome on that one....
>I'm A Boy
>OK, maybe too damn pop, but I like it....
>But thing is, the part I like most of it (the synth track and the (intro)
>guitar part) was written by John Entwistle. But I like the new wave-sound
>it has..."
>
>Dude,
>See the subject line.  What songs do you dislike?
>Come on, there's got to be *something*!  Maybe not.

I have my favourites and non-favourites. Dislike? None... (of The Who)

Ofcourse the album I don't listen to all that much is "It's Hard", with the
worst song on there being "Athena".

I just think The Who wasn't right for that time. I think Pete couldn't
identify with his audience anymore as THE WHO. As a solo artist, he did his
greatest work in that era (IMO, I love Empty Glass and Chinese Eyes).

Word was that DANGEROUS was on some of the recent set lists... (but not played)

Can The Who still reflect the audience? Can there still be the interaction?
Ofcourse, the Lifehouse and Quad are timeless stories.

If The Who comes back I hope it will be something hard, provoking,
aggressive. Thing is, can they become more provocative, hard and aggressive
then bands nowadays? In lyrics I think they sure can. (I hope) :-)

Rock on,

Bjorn