Re: A Swine is a Swine and Not Even The Who Can Save Them

In a message dated 2/1/02 12:10:03 PM Eastern Standard Time,
James.Sigel@usafa.af.mil writes:

> And you know your kids?  I sure hope so.
> You're supposed to.  It's not something you should get credit for or
> something you should be proud of - IT'S YOUR JOB!  But let's not get too
> hasty and defensive about your kids.  I meant no harm to your kids,
> Earthling.

Jim,

First of all, I know that you were not targeting my kids.  My origional point
was that I know that my kids like to listen to The Who. Am I now supposed to
prove it? You got offended when I disagreed about kids making fun of Leeds.
You have your experiences and I have mine. What is this list for?

 >I agree with Jim here (and I'm generally a serious leftie).

>>See Jon, you should try and emulate Keets here some.  She calls herself a
"serious leftie" and God bless her for not having a closed mind.  It's okay
though, you're not alone.  You're definitely not alone...the world is full
of closed minded people.

So I guess that what you are saying is that when I agree with you I am being
open minded?.

>  When my wife
pumps out our first monster, I'm sure I will be just as biased towards the
little beast as the next parent.  Hell, I love kids.

I got a good laugh when I read this.  I believe you!  Do you have any names
planned yet?  You know,  for the Beast? ;)

Believe it or not, I agree with your general observations. There is a serious
problem that requires a serious re-evaluation. It is the parent's
responsibilty to address this.  What is so difficult is that there are so
many factors involved. People are in many dire circumstances and really do
need help.  Even if some people know what to do, that does not mean that they
are able to do it. If someone is a very capable person, they should not take
advantage of the less capable to get rich. It is their right to do so, but it
hurts the whole society. Some people, in fact most people are not loaded with
talent. Then there is the drug problem. This costs society SO MUCH! How can
they get off drugs without some slack after they bottom out? Look what it
does to their kids. It is a cycle. There are many classes that have many
problems. What can be done? I know many things that could be done,  but I
would be way off topic.

What keeps me on topic is that Pete and Roger care about kids, especially
teenage kids. So far, they didn't get old.

I am your friend, Jim

Jon in Mi