Fwd: Watford Colosseum, January 31 2002

>Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:06:40 -0800 (PST)
>From: thewho rocks <leb905@yahoo.com>
>
>>  Pete said 'the next person that tells me to get on with it is
>  > a twat'.

Has anybody ever heard the phrase "running a joke into the ground"?
I wasn't there so I don't know if Pete was truly angry or just
kidding when he said this, but I've seen him at shows when he DID get
truly angry when this was yelled at him.  It was probably funny the
first time but it gets pretty thin after the third year.  IMO it
inhibits Pete from talking to the crowd when someone with a stopwatch
is poised to yell "Get on with it" if there's any measurable lull in
the action.  He's more likely to just play the songs, give the
audience what they paid for and get the hell out.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"That's unbelievable, if that's true."