BBC 2 Who special

Message from Irish Jack who takes a break from selling
tickets made in Hong Kong to forward a little info:

I told my friend, BBC radio producer Stewart
Cruickshank, I would pass on this item of Who news to
you. You may know about it already but I'm sure many
Who fans will be interested in the
following...thanks..

             WHO IN BBC RADIO 2 DOCUMENTARY

'The Who: Their Generation' is the title of a much
anticipated BBC Radio 2 documentary on the Who.
Available both on radio broadcast and live on the web
on www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 and on web demand for a week,
the first instalment of the hour long programme which
goes out at 8pm UK time begins this coming Saturday 31
August - the concluding second part airs at the same
time Saturday 7 September. The documentary, which
coincides with the CD release of the Who's first album
My Generation some 37 years after it was first
recorded, is produced by BBC Scotland's Stewart
Cruickshank and presented by Paolo Hewitt author of
books on the Small Faces, Oasis and editor of the
recent mod anthology The Sharper Word. Part I includes
interview contributions from Roger Daltrey, Pete
Townshend and the late John Entwistle. Also
contributions by key Who people like Irish Jack, Shel
Talmy, Chris Stamp, Keith Altham, Brian Hogg and
former Melody Maker journalist Nic Jones. The
concluding part 2 includes Ready Steady Go's producer
Vicky Wickham, Eddie Phillips of the Creation, Who
biographer Dave Marsh, Mose Allison on the Who's cover
versiobn of his classic Young Man Blues and Paolo
Hewitt on the concept album Quadrophenia.

=====
-Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com