buzzkill

Mark said "I, on the other hand, can't see why you're just willing to accept
it as is without a shrug of the shoulder, but put it down to what each of us
gets or wants to get from the band."

Good point.  I want pleasure from the band.  You seem to want to promote
some elusive sort of historical status for the band.

To put it in a way that a Coach could understand:  I want to enjoy the game,
I really don't care who wins because I don't think music is a game.  You
want to see The Who win.  You NEED to see the Who win.  You've got a stake
in this competition.

ML   "...Or how seriously we take it, and sure you could make the argument I
take it too seriously but I don't think I do...it's just seriously enough."

I don't understand this.  Maybe I just answered it :-)

ML  "I'd say if it takes that little to kill your buzz, it wasn't that
strong to begin with."

Let me explain.  It is a buzzkill because part of the buzz is sharing the
buzz with a friend.  I think you've exited the party.  And I mean that in a
psychic not a physical sense.  That blows.

The band is morphing into something new *yet again*, right before our eyes
and ears.  They are becoming a new creative unit and you are shutting your
mind to it, flipping through the dustbins of performances past for your
pleasure, lamenting the loss of what was and the injustice of what should
be.  That blows.

Jeff