Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #247

This is the only Who there is right now

Keets:

So I have to accept it, like it or not? That doesn't seem right.

Boston show. I don't agree with his position at all. I can't even
understand it. I really think he is out of his tree on this.

Jeff:

And I, on the other hand, can't see why you're just willing to accept it as is without a shrug of the shoulder, but put it down to what each of us gets or wants to get from the band. Or how seriously we take it, and sure you could make the argument I take it too seriously but I don't think I do...it's just seriously enough.

was a real buzzkill for me that night in Mansfield.

See, that's not fair to me. It's like I can't voice my opinion because it might ruin the tour for you. You, on the other hand, can say whatever you want. No, it's not fair at all. I'd say if it takes that little to kill your buzz, it wasn't that strong to begin with.

view. Maybe neither one of us is out of our tree.

Nope. We just have differing opinions.

Something else called what?  Townshend and Daltrey?

Jon:

It's not my place to decide this. All I can tell you is that's what I think they should do. Others think they should continue as The Who.

name would mean "We are NOT The Who"  Which means to the casual
listener that we are NOT exciting, We are NOT loud, and all of our success

Or it could mean "We're not going to pretend we're something we're not." Which would be honest, one of the things I've always valued about this band.

It was not my intent to hurt feelings, offend, nor
alienate people. As unpopular as my opinions are at
times, and at times unique unto myself, they are honest
up to the time they are spoken or written.

AEB:

I've never seen it put more accurately. This is exactly how I feel about my contributions to this list.

Meanwhile, the new MG redux is great and so is Get Yer Ya-Yas Out (although it would have been nice to get the full show).

If you love music, check us out on the
                 web: www.secondgenerationscds.com

                             Cheers              ML