Who's Next - The Ultimate Tribute Show

This seems as good a time as any to mention that there is an AMAZING Who
tribute band, Who's Next, playing in the NY area next Saturday night, August
17th.  (not the same band playing at Slim's in SF that Gary mentioned.)

You may have seen their flyers around MSG, or if you were there on
Wednesday, you might have seen Billy, their guitarist, or Dave, their lead
singer, in the front row.  (Dave was wearing a Who union jack jersey and
looks JUST like Roger- which Roger figured out during Love, Reign O'er Me).

These guys really KICK ASS- they have the energy of The Who in their guts
and it shows in their playing.  And I've said it before- their drummer,
Bobby, is Keith Moon incarnate.  I'm serious.  I've never heard ANYTHING in
my life that sounds so much like Keith.  He must have his DNA.  It's
unbelievable.

They're doing a 1968-1970 tribute show which means we'll probably hear a
bunch of stuff from Tommy and Leeds (wait until you hear them do Sparks).
Also, I heard rumors of "A Quick One" and "Water" among others...if the Who
aren't going to play them, this is the next best thing.

I'm 90% sure I'm going to be there (just have to finalize a few things) - if
anybody is in the NY area, they're playing on Long Island, about a 30-45
minute drive from the city.  They don't play too often, and anybody who saw
them in October of 2000 at Le Bar Bat knows what I'm talking about- they're
worth checking out.  Drop me a line and maybe we can all get together for
dinner there beforehand (I'm assuming they serve dinner).

Here's the info:

Who's Next- The Ultimate Tribute Show
Special 1968-1970 Tribute Show
Saturday, August 17th - 10 PM
Canno's Swiss Tavern (BTW, Godfrey Townsend plays here all the time)
100 Ocean Avenue
Lynbrook, NY 11563
(516) 599-9657

Canno's website:  http://www.geocities.com/cannosswiss/
Who's Next website: http://www.whosnexttribute.com

Jason

PS They've got the Pete Townshend Seal of Approval!  :-)
http://www.whosnexttribute.com/peteletter.JPG