By Numbers

Great Scott:

>If you get-off on Daltrey's power.......you won't be disappointed. If

>you get-off on Townshend's ability.......you won't feel cheated. If you

>get-off on Zak's pummelling of the drums.......you'll end up satisfied.

Well said.  After reading what you said, I identified with those sentiments
immediately.  As I wait for the Denver show next month, that approach seems
the most logical.  It will be different with Ox gone, but the right state of
mind should make it okay.

Does anyone have the "definitive" of lyrics for "Dreaming from the Waist"
and "How Many Friends"???  For years, I've always been distracted by what I
THINK I'm hearing in the lyrics but never have been able to know for sure.
Too many online lyric databases have conflicting lyrics; the same can be
said about guitar tableture and music books.  I must've read a dozen or so
different variations, specifically for these two tunes.

Example in DFTW - second verse:  "I tried like a priest but then I'm
shooting lights; I'm burning tires with some guy who's hair is turning
white..."  That's how I've always heard it, but I'm not so sure.  Likewise
in HMF - "People know nothing about their own soft gut so how come they can
sum us up..."  As it goes on, I lose it, and wish I knew what's being said.
Eminence Front?  Oh, I thought they were saying "living in smut".

Thanks in advance for anyone who could print the "definitive" lyrics to
those two from By Numbers.

Jim in Colo Springs