What was up with Boston?

>From: "Karyn Oconnor" <koconnor@importproducts.com>
>Subject: RE: What was up with Boston?
>
>Hi folks,

Hi Karyn!
Glad you posted, 'cause....I forgot your name!  :-|  Sorry!!!!!
I still get a chuckle at how you said at introductions.."oh, you're the one
that throws lawn furniture!"
Baahhahahaha!
All this time, and *that's* what stands out in your mind.
Well, I guess I can dig that.
Hey, try it sometime.  :-)

>I have a theory as to why the Boston show was a bit of a disappointment and
>a little "off".  I think that Boston was the first show that Pete and Roger
>realized that John would never join them on stage again.  I believe that
>they were still in a state of shock and numbness on the west coast and the
>permanent absence of John hadn't quite set in.

I think you're on to something here.
At Hershey Pete even said that they're realizing that John isn't going to
show up (or something to that effect).

  >Finally, many thanks to the fine folks on this list that I met at
George's
>truck before the show.  Jeff and Melanie, Lela, George, Kevin, Stu, Phil,
>Shaun, Jeff and Julia, Jon, Scott and others, sorry about forgetting all
the
>names!  A very nice group indeed!  Hope to see you all again at the end of
>September.

Wow!  Nice memory!  Well done!
Don't be such a lurker.  :-)

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: What was up with Boston?
>Something else that happened is that Plant ran into overtime with his
encore
>and they most likely had to pay a fine for running past the noise curfew.
>Nothing like hurrying through the show to make it seem strained.

Damn Town Meetings!
Good point, one I hadn't considered.
Show ended, what, around 11:20 or so??

>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: Re: What was up with Boston?
>
>I saw Pete finally finding a groove after the Quad songs.  He seemed to be
>distracted the first half of the show.

I enjoyed the...as Jeff puts it...."vinettes" of Quad and Tommy the most.
I may have already been too deep in the "I'm missing John badly" funk by
then to notice a significant boost on Pete's part.
Man, Pete is a far cry from that person stalking around in front of those
plexi-glass drum shields with an acoustic in '96 & '97!

>Zak was never distracted.  Except he
>did drop that stick that flew up!  I stated to you that he was no Keith
Moon,
>because Keith would have at least acted as if he had caught it anyhow with
>his body language and face thrown forward.  You're right though, he is
close!

Zak...is...a...MONSTER!!!

Kevin in VT