Re: Odds and Sods

Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

> I just started getting the digest from Odds and Sods and I'm very glad to
> have this as a main list.  They had a debate sparked by the over-rated
> guitarists list which had pete at #4, i think, and it evolved into a
> discussion of overall over-rated bands.  The doors were mentioned, the Band,
> U2, and a few others.  Within half a day the "list keeper" posted a harsh
> warning about keeping posts only to the Who because it otherwise bored the
> subscribers.  Someone disagreed and the manager came back with a long
> diatribe (a la Mc) explaining his point.  I am EXTREMELY glad to have Paul
> running this list because he isn't a nazi about what we post.

<snip>

mc

Kevin,

I happen to know Scott "mom" Smith personally. I first met him the day of the
first show in Chicago, 6/25/00. And he's a great guy. I've had the pleasure of
having him over to the house when the Who played MSG in Oct, 2000.

They've run O&S for approx 7 yrs. and they have their own take on things. The
stuff that's under Scott's umbrella is pretty fantastic in the Whodom, IMHO.
Since you've only been a member for a very short while, and were induced into
signing up because your curiosity about what was being said about you got the
best of you, try to acquire a taste of what goes on here before you make silly &
incorrect judgements.

magik

ps- this list is a new beginning.for you. ;-)