Re: two observations in regard to roger

Sroundtable@aol.com wrote:

> 1. I'm sure those of you who were there noticed, but I just listened to WAY
> from the Portsmouth #2 concert and Roger sang the second verse twice and left
> out, "I know there's a place you've walked, where love falls from the
> trees..."

Kevin,

Quite frankly, I did not hear anyone comment after the show that this was left
out. Since it apparently was left out, it's a WHO CARES moments, IMHO. The fact
that we were in a hall that housed 2,000 people and the fuckin' WHO played was
quite overwhelming.

The energy, not quite matching the first night, was so intense that when at a
live Who show, one doesn't care about mistakes & sometimes the audience gets so
wrapped up into the magic coming from the stage, that if they sang "Mary had a
little lamb" no one would care or maybe even notice until someone pointed it out
afterwards. Actually, if I want the exact rendition of these songs, I listen to
the album. But the uncertainty of a live Who show is that anything can & usually
does happen. To me, I love these little mistakes, as I love to see how they react
& recover from them.

You must understand the "bargain" of the show. The WHO live, in the UK, with only
2,000 in attendance. A truly rare and unique Who experience. It's interactive Who
for the whole audience. But this is just my take on the matter. Btw, I was in the
front row, between Rog & Pete for this one. And I was able to bring a friend who
had a balcony ticket along with me. He & I will never forget that he made it to
the front row. This is a sidenote that makes this particular something special
for me.

>  at the portsmouth gigs, and watford show, his voice is damn incredible.

Yes Roger was great for all these shows.

> Same at RAH 2000. YMB from Watford is on fire.  Why would they EVER take this
> song out of the setlist? Same with Relay.  These should be staples of all Who
> shows.
>
> mc

YMB is a definite winner, along with Summertime Blues. They should, I hope, be
included on the upcoming tour.

magik